Unisex Brown Alpaca Blend Welt Pattern Hand Knit Hat, "Layers in Brown"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Hand knit from an alpaca blend yarn, this hat is both durable and sumptuously soft. The yarn is a blend of three colors--coffee brown, ivory, and black--that meld into a rich brown with unisex appeal. Peruvian artisan Maria Esperanza Jauregui hand knits this cap with a welt stitch pattern (alternating bands of knit and purl stitch rows) and a ribbed foldover brim.
- 0.18 kgs
- 0.4 lbs
- 44 cm Interior Circumference x 22 cm W x 34 cm H
- 17.25" Inner Circ. x 8.75" W x 13.5" H
- 50% alpaca, 45% acrylic, 5% wool
- Dry clean or hand wash
- Dry cleaning recommended
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Textile softness: Soft--this item has been made with fibers that are soft to the touch
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Peru.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Andes
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
Maria Esperanza Jauregui has received 4 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $1950 and the most recent for $900.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.