Set of 10 Recycled Paper Pencils and Pouch from India, "Eco-Friendly Writer"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
For the eco-friendly writer in you, this set of ten pencils is crafted of recycled paper. India's Harpreet Kaur invites you to appreciate the eclectic colors of these recycled pencils, making for a wonderful conversation piece or a handy office tool. The pencils arrive with a printed cotton storage pouch, closing with a drawstring.
- 59 grams
- 0.1 lbs
- Pencils (10): 17.4 cm H x 0.7 cm Diam.
- Pencils (10): 6.75" H x 0.3" Diam.
- Storage pouch: 24 cm H x 5 cm W x 0.4 cm D
- Storage pouch: 9.5" H x 2" W x 0.2" D
- Recycled pencils, recycled paper, 100% cotton pouch, coconut fiber drawstring
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Recycled materials may vary slightly in color and/or pattern
- Promotes recycling and reduces waste
- Features a drawstring closure
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in India.
- Certified and shipped by our office in India
Harpreet and her husband have one child that they support.
Harpreet grew-up with a love of Indian textile design, in particular the art of embroidery, which she learned from her mother. Apart from her early maternal lessons, she is self-taught. Harpreet has diligently applied herself to mastering the embroidery and textile embellishment techniques that define her designs. In turn, she has passed these skills to the people who collaborate with her.
Nearly 50 percent of Harpreet's workshop sales are through Novica. This steady income has enabled her to grow her workshop and to provide for the education of her own child and her workers' children.
Harpreet and her husband believe in the importance of education. They provide not only for their own son's education but also for the education of their worker's children.
Harpreet has worked very hard to make her workshop a success. She is now able to employ other artisans in her workshop on a full-time basis.
Harpreet Kaur has received 3 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $500 and the most recent for $900.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.