Onyx and Marble Chess Set in Brown and Beige (13.5 in.), "Nature's Challenge"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Equal parts cerebral challenge and handsome home decor,this chess set from Mexico’s Sierra family is entirely hand-carved from warm brown marble and translucent onyx. Soft backing on the game board won’t scratch the table.
- 5.80 kgs
- 12.8 lbs
- Board: 35 cm L x 35 cm W x 1.8 cm H
- Board: 13.8" L x 13.8" W x 0.7" H
- Largest piece: 7.5 cm H x 2.5 cm Diam.
- Largest piece: 3" H x 1" Diam.
- Smallest piece: 4.5 cm H x 2.6 cm Diam.
- Smallest piece: 1.8" H x 1" Diam.
- Onyx, marble
- Natural stone - some variations in color and/or pattern are to be expected
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Warning: Choking Hazard. Small parts -- not for children under 3 years.
- Velvet paper backing
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in Mexico.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Mexico
This artist is currently confronting a major life challenge.
Sierra Family has received 5 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $2500 and the most recent for $3800. Proceeds were used to purchase marble and onyx in bulk for her chess sets.
Odette has left a profound impact in her community and has successfully tripled the growth of her workshop from her first six months at NOVICA.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Odette has provided work for incredible people to aid in creating the art in her workshop.
Odette learned her craft from community members in her home town.