Men's alpaca blend sweater, "Informal Gray"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Knitted of a luxurious alpaca wool blend, this sweater goes with jeans or dresses up handsomely. Vertical bands add texture and classic good looks to a men's design by Nestor Yana. Black trims the wrists and V-neck.
- 0.41 kgs
- 0.9 lbs
- Garment Measurements
- 63.5 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 101.6 cm Bust/chest x 83.82 cm Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 25" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 40" Bust/chest x 33" Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 68.58 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 116.84 cm Bust/chest x 88.9 cm Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 27" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 46" Bust/chest x 35" Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 66.04 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 109.22 cm Bust/chest x 86.36 cm Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 26" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 43" Bust/chest x 34" Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- View size chart
Nestor's mother is from Juliaca in the Peruvian altiplano. She taught Nestor to weave and he, in turn, has taught his wife, his two children and his employees. He finds his inspiration in traditional Peruvian art and constantly searches art and history books to refine his craft.
Nestor is not only an employer, he is an important member of his community. He continues to grow his business providing full-time employment to 23 workers and part-time employment to others when he can. He recognizes his good fortune and shares with those less fortunate whenever the opportunity arises. The income from Nestor's Novica sales not only supports his wife, son and elderly parents — it helps to support others in his community. Many of Nestor's employees were homeless. Nestor not only provides them with work, he provides a place to stay or live.
Nestor loves his community and does what he can to help it. He employs disabled elderly craftswomen to create the unique hand finishes applied to his designs. These women would be unable to care for themselves without the support Nestor gives them.
Nestor was recently diagnosed with a calcaneal bone spur, a condition is often brought about by repetitive motion. He has been forced to modify his daily routine, however he continues to design and craft fine alpaca apparel in his workshop.
Nestor Yana has received 8 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $2850 and the most recent for $2850. Proceeds were used to buy yarn in the colors of this season's fashion trends for production.
Nestor's persistence and determination have paid off. He not only is able to support himself but has grown his workshop and now offers work to others.